Daniel P. Strunk is a business professional with over 40 years of experience in the marketing, sales, CRM and Category Management disciplines.
In his career he’s been a line manager, consultant, educator and author. He has been instrumental in the success of many of America’s leading companies including, Procter & Gamble, Converse, Ocean Spray Cranberries, John Deere, The Quaker Oats Company, RJR, NBC, Wrigley and ConAgra Foods.
Mr. Strunk is an executive in residence and a full time faculty member of DePaul University since 2000.
At DePaul Mr. Strunk:
- Serves as the Managing Director of the Center for Sales Leadership at DePaul University, a program dedicated to producing the next generation of sales professionals. The DePaul Center for Sales Leadership is the largest program in the United States.
- Has co-authored a definitive text on Customer Relationship Management.
- Has authored a case to teach Salesforce automation that has been used by 30 schools in the United States and in countries around the globe.
- Has been instrumental in the development of the Category Management Association’s certification program. Mr. Strunk serving on the CMA’s steering committee and was the Chair of the Certification Development Committee.
- Directed the development of DePaul University’s Category Management Course Curriculum. This track of 3 aligned courses prepares students for careers in consumer packaged goods in both sales and category management capacities.
- Has taught overseas at the Bahrain Institute of Banking & Finance, the Helsinki School of Economics and The Pan Asia Institute in Taiwan
Dan earned a BSBA at Boston College, magna cum laude, in 1973 and an MBA, with distinction, from the Boston University School of Management in 1975.